Best Old Fashioned Hearty Beef Stew Recipe is the perfect dish in cold weather. It only takes 5 hours and 30 minutes to get a super delicious and light taste in the mouth. This recipe is a mainstay in my family.
By the time I was a child my mother often made old beef stew recipes given by grandpa. However this type of dish is old-fashioned, but it has a super delicious and light taste in the mouth. And it doesn’t leave a fishy smell.
My mother not only uses beef here but adding vegetables is a combination that makes the dish more perfect. And always serve a drink to refresh Japanese Strawberry Milk Keto with a keto-friendly sweetness.
When I was growing up trying his second recipe, it wasn’t as difficult as imagined and even made me a hobby of cooking until now. Although with a long time but the results are very satisfying.
Why I choose potato vegetables and carrots because it’s a food I really like. Even a lot of it is pregnant for the body.
And I’ll explain a little bit about potatoes and carrots.
Potatoes are a portion of food to replace the role of rice and nutritious. There are also solanine substances that are known as pesticide drugs, anti-baskets, and sedatives.
Carrots are one type of vegetable containing vitamin A which is good for the eyes.
Wait no more let’s try it straight away, I make sure you will definitely be addicted, and make the appetite will increase.
Equipment Old Fashioned Hearty Beef Stew
- 1 kg beef, diced or round
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 medium-sized carrots, peeled and sliced halfa length thick first
- 2 celery sticks, cut transversely into slices
- 1 cup frozen peas, optional
- 28 ounces mashed tomatoes
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tbsp instant tapioca
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Put all the seasoning and the beef. Then add 2 glasses of water to the dutch oven by covering it tightly.
- Stir occasionally, to facilitate the stirring that is on top so that the seasoning can absorb well.
- Cook for 5 hours, and lift the serve onto the table neatly.
Tips for choosing good potatoes
- Choose potatoes with a smooth surface
- Choose a smooth, undulating surface of the potato because it signifies good quality, as well as a sweeter taste
- Do not choose potatoes that are green
- Avoid buying greenish potatoes, therefore indicating the potatoes are young or can also be kept too long in the sun.
- Avoid sprouted potatoes
- Do not choose potatoes that sprout, because they are no longer fresh.
- Choose potatoes that match standards
- How to choose potatoes that are of good quality among them, have no scratches, are heavy enough, look fresh, and not perforated.
- Make sure potatoes don’t wrinkle
- Avoiding wrinkled potatoes becomes a sign of declining potato quality.
Tips for choosing carrots
The physical characteristics of carrots greatly determine the quality of a good carrot.
- Having a smooth skin contour, bright orange color, fat body so easy to peel, there are still leaves attached to it this shows carrots are still fresh, help more durable and not quickly rotten.
Choose carrots that are still fresh and not rotten.
- The way to look at the tip of the carrot mushy or not. And it has an elongated medium shape and is slightly taper.
Choose a carrot that is young not too old
- Young carrots have a sweeter taste than the old ones.
- Avoid carrots that have scratches, cracks, and mushy textures that reduce their quality.
Choose organic carrots
Organic carrots are grown without the use of pesticide chemicals because they are very dangerous to the human body.