Easy Cheesy Ground Beef Enchiladas is a corn tortilla surrounded by charging and covered with chili pepper sauce. Can be filled with various ingredients including beef, cheese, beans, potatoes, vegetables, combined seafood.
Ground Beef Enchilada Recipe
Spiced ground meat, melted cheese, and easy homemade enchilada sauce.
Equipment Easy Cheesy Ground Beef Enchiladas – With Corn Tortillas
- Serves: 6
- Calories: 565 kcal
- 1 tbsp extra vegetable oil plus extra for frying tortillas
- ½ cup finely diced onions
- 1 jalapeno, chopped and discarded
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pound 93/7 lean ground meat
- 1 cup low sodium beef stock
- 2 cans good quality ketchup
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 12 tortillas
- 16 oz Shredded Colby-jack Cheese
- Sour cream To serve
- In a large frying pan, sauté the onion, chili jalapeno over medium heat until softened and turned translucent, for 3 minutes. Stir in the cooked garlic for 1 minute. Ending the heat, add the ground meat to the pan until cooked through. Put the beef broth, tomato sauce, chili powder, sugar, cumin, salt, pepper in the pan, mix well. Boil over low heat for 10 minutes or until the sauce is slightly reduced.
- Meanwhile, in a second smaller frying pan, light brown corn tortillas in hot vegetable oil. Tortillas should always be soft to roll. Store the tortillas with a paper towel between each layer. Once the sauce is slightly reduced, put in 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and spray a baking sheet measuring 9×13 with non-stick.
- To arrange the enchiladas, start by adding ½ cup of the sauce mixture to the bottom of the baking sheet. Use a slotted spoon to evenly divide the meat mixture on each tortilla, then divide 8 ounces of cheese between 12 enchiladas, roll and place the sides of the seam on a baking sheet. Pour the rest of the sauce over the enchilada rolls and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Cover the plate with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, or until hot, and bubbling. Sprinkle with extra fresh coriander leaves and serve with sour cream.
Are you interested in the above recipe? Let’s try it out with this easy and quick recipe.