This soft, light, and not torn texture is flour tortillas recipe easy with oil, tortillas made by yourself will be much cheaper and more delicious than buying them at the market, this recipe you can make within 30 minutes.
Some of the ingredient mixtures in it greatly affect the texture of its softness. I often make it to a pedestal in California Yellowtail Recipes dishes, the mixture of seasonings and additional toppings makes the dishes even more interesting and adds to the very strong appetite.
Tortillas will serve a complete meal in a yellowtail California recipe, which serves to accommodate a variety of tops. In addition to tortillas are easy to make in this recipe that I share it has a strong soft texture and will not be torn.
Before finding this recipe I often bought it at the market but I hesitated to get it. I thought about making it myself, this recipe I found from my sister. It has a restaurant in Mexico.
At first, I was a little unsure to make it because it had never been made before, but the feeling was gone when I started, the strong tortilla result satisfied me.
It turns out that to make this tortilla does not need to have special skills to make it, children can also make it as a learning material because of its ease.
What are tortillas?
The tortilla is a name term for thin bread that is often found in Mexican specialties. The tortilla is usually made from cornbread, wheat, or white flour and has a very thin shape like a sheet of paper.
Tortillas originally originated in Spain and were brought by Europeans to the Americas. The name tortilla is taken from the Spanish word ‘torta’ which means a round cake. Tortillas are used in a wide variety of Mexican cuisine, ranging from burritos, nachos, quesadillas, enchiladas, tacos, and other dishes.
Why do tortillas use white flour?
tortillas that use plain white flour tend to have a softer texture making them easy to roll. The texture is smoother and lighter so it is not easily torn when given a lot of stuffing.
How to make a flour tortilla?
These white flour tortillas are simply cooked in a frying pan, oven, or steam for one to two minutes only. You can find the use of this white flour tortilla in burritos and quesadillas.
What advantages stand out from flour tortillas recipe butter?
If you make a tortilla with butter it serves to give it flavor, soften and expand perfectly. But in this recipe, I replaced it with vegetable oil it has the same uses as butter.
Vegetable oil contains linoleic acid, it serves to protect the layers on the surface of the skin and can help treat dry skin.
What ingredients are used to make flour tortillas recipe easy with oil?
- Versatile flour
- Baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- Warm water
How to make flour tortillas recipe homemade?
I started by making dough:
- Season, put the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Then add the vegetable oil, start kneading it by hand, and put the warm water gradually until the dough is soft.
- Cover the dough with a kitchen towel, then silence it for 15 minutes.
- After that divide the dough into 16 parts evenly.
- Shape each one into a ball, give a little sprinkling of flour on the table, put the dough that has been formed, and roll it using a sander until it produces a thin circle alternately.
- Heat a frying pan, put in a sheet of bread, and start baking it over high heat until all sides produce brown spots and bubbles.
- Place the cooked tortillas in a container and cover them using a clean kitchen towel.
Tortilla cooking tips
- Do not put all the water in when making the dough, use it to taste. And make sure the water used in warm water.
- For an easy-to-roll dough, you should rest it for 15 minutes.
- Roll the tortilla very thinly, it will expand when baking.
- For storage, tortillas can be stored in ziplock bags for 4 days. If you want to freeze it will last for 3 months.