How Long to Cook Turkey Breast in Oven
Thanksgiving dishes are easy and delicious, have a tender and juicy texture, the crispy skin that envelops them is obtained by a good way of cooking. You can find out how long to cook turkey breast in the oven.
This is a recipe that I always make when on vacation or thanksgiving day comes, a very easy dish at an economical price. This delicious bony turkey breast I always serve with a seductive thick sauce.
Celebrate thanksgiving every year with my little family, and this recipe will produce 4 servings. This easy recipe can be doubled if you want to serve more turkey breast.
Every time I cook it, I am always complimented by my little family. The sense of spirit in cooking is getting stronger and more confident. This is a favorite food that should be served on Thanksgiving day.
My sister enjoys her food and she likes the crispy turkey breast skin which has a strong butter and garlic flavor. The thick sauce produces a complete dish.
Turkey meat consists of the amino acid tryptophan, which produces serotonin. This compound plays an important role in strengthening the immune system. The content of potassium, protein, and selenium in turkeys is also good for building up the immune system.
How long to cook turkey breast in the oven and at what temperature should turkey breast be cooked?
For perfect results cook turkey breast with bones at a temperature of 350 – 375 degrees F, for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees F.
The temperature and timing of the roasting are very important to determine the results of our cooking. Therefore follow step by step in this recipe to make the maximum turkey breast.
How to produce crispy chicken breast skin?
Crispy skin can be produced easily. When the internal temperature reaches 154 degrees F, turn on the setting oven and cook until the skin is golden for 2 – 3 minutes.
You should keep an eye on it DO NOT leave the oven, it will crisp for just a few minutes. If you leave it and bake too long then the skin of the chicken breast will be burnt and bitter.
After that, you can silence for 20 minutes before serving and cut.
What equipment to prepare?
You must prepare several important tools, namely:
- Digital thermometer probe
- Aluminum foil
- Small pot
What ingredients are needed to make a turkey breast in the oven?
For turkey breast:
- Whole turkey breast
- Unsalted butter
- Lemon zest, grated
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Garlic, grated
- Fresh pepper
For the sauce:
- Chopped onions
- Fresh thyme, chopped
- Chicken broth
- Lemon juice
- Unsalted butter
- Versatile flour
- Pinch of salt and pepper powder
How to cook a delicious turkey breast?
- I started by preheating the oven until it reached 350 – 375 degrees F.
- Mix the butter, grated lemon zest, chopped parsley, grated garlic, salt, and ground pepper.
- open the skin of the turkey with the help of a knife or use the hands slowly.
- Add the butter mixture, sprinkling salt, ground pepper, thyme, and parsley.
- Bake it and make the sauce.
Try some of these easy recipes:
- Crock Pot Salmon Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
- Easy Keto Turkey Meatloaf Recipe In The World
- Keto Turkey Enchiladas
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 4
- Calories: 273
- Fat: 24
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Protein: 34
- 1 kg whole turkey breast
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- ½ lemon zest, grated
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ tbsp versatile flour
- pinch of salt and pepper powder
- Prepare the oven and Start by heating it until the temperature is 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl mix the butter, grated lemon zest, parsley, salt, pepper powder, and shredded garlic. mix well using a spoon then set aside.
- Open the turkey skin and put the butter mixture into it evenly. leave a little to apply all over the turkey breast until evenly distributed.
- Store on a baking sheet lined with tin foil, then sprinkle with plenty of salt and pepper powder.
- Add the parsley and thyme in a baking dish and store under the turkey breast. Put a little oil on top of it.
- Put the digital probe thermometer inside the turkey and put it in the oven. Bake until the temperature reaches 155 degrees F or about 45 minutes.
- Turn on the broiler and bake again for 2 minutes until the turkey skin is golden and crispy.
- remove the turkey breast from the oven and rest for 20 minutes.
- Start making the gravy by heating a saucepan containing 1 tbsp of butter.
- Once melted put the onions, add, ¼ tsp salt and a little pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes or until it releases the aroma.
- add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- add 1 tbsp more butter, then add the flour mix well and cook for 5 minutes until the flour is light brown.
- Add the chicken stock, stirring constantly until thickened for 10 minutes.
- Next add the lemon juice, ¼ tsp salt, and a little pepper.
- Put it in a gravy container by filtering it.
- Slice turkey breast and serve with a sprinkling of sauce on top.
Tips to make a delicious Thanksgiving dish
- To save time you should make the sauce during the roasting process of the turkey.
- When making the skin crisp, do not even leave the oven. This is the secret!
- When putting flour in the sauce making stir the flour during the roasting process, this prevents the flour from clotting.