A tender meat soup with a classic variety of boiled vegetables, this is Beef Stew Thick Recipes Stove Top. The savory and soft taste makes you addicted to eating it. Making it takes only a few minutes.
I was a housewife making dinner dishes was my routine. The sound of heavy rain made me think of choosing a nutritious warm dish.
Hurry up and prepare the ingredients to be used for the manufacture of beef stew, with roughing ingredients. I put in some vegetables like carrots, potatoes, mushrooms, and butternut squash.
Butternut squash is a vegetable that is often found in the Italian region, its nutritional content makes the reason I added it to this dish. Antioxidants in butternut squash are classified as high and able to lower levels of free radicals before damaging the body’s cells.
After that, cooking it and serving it with the family, this is a favorite dish in winter. Serving it with a piece of bread will make a perfect dish.
How To Make Best Beef Stew Thick Recipes Stove Top
You can also try some delicious beef soup recipes:
- Instant Pot Louisiana Gumbo Soup
- Best Old Fashioned Hearty Beef Stew Recipe
- Pressure Cooker Beef Stew Stove Top Recipes
But in this recipe, I will give you 3 cooking methods with a variety of times.
- Cooking with an instant pot takes 45 minutes.
- Cooking it with a slow cooker takes 4-8 hours of the cooking process.
- and cooking with stovetop only takes 2 hours.
All of them have their shortcomings and advantages. If you are a worker I recommend making it with a slow cooker, cooking it in the morning, and leaving work. Eating it when you get home will replace the energy that has been drained at work.
If you are a housewife you can use the stovetop method which takes 2 hours to make. You’ll also be a little more relaxed to do so.
If you are in a hurry to do dinner you can use the instant pot method which takes only 45 minutes.
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 6
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 7 g
- Saturated fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 1085 mg
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg
- 4 tbsp versatile flour
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 kg of boiled beef (diced)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 sprigs celery, chopped
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 tbsp beef base
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 medium-sized carrots
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ kg mushrooms, cut into medium pieces
- ¼ kg potatoes, cut into medium pieces
- ½ piece butternut squash, diced large
- 3 stems of fresh thyme
- Step one, put 2 tbsp of flour, salt, garlic salt, and black pepper powder into a bowl containing the beef stew until all is mixed.
- The next step, fry the pieces of beef that have been floured until browned. After that set aside.
- Put 2 tbsp of oil in an Instant saucepan or pressure cooker, heat.
- After that put chopped garlic, stir-fry until it releases the aroma.
- Then, add the chopped onion and celery cook for 5 minutes.
- Next, put the fried beef, a squeeze of lemon water, beef broth, beef base, and 2 tbsp cornstarch. Stir occasionally.
- Add the vegetable pieces, bay leaf, and 3 thyme stems. Cover the Pan Instant and cook for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, discard the bay leaves and serve.
- Warm 1 tbsp of oil in a dutch oven over medium heat.
- Then put the pieces of boiled beef that have been floured, cook, until browned and transfer into a slow cooker.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to the dutch oven, then sauté the garlic until fragrant then transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and sauté the onion, celery for 5 minutes. Then put it in a slow cooker with the fried beef.
- Put the lemon juice in the dutch oven, simmering until there are no lumps at the base of the pan.
- Dissolve cornstarch with beef stock, then mix and add to slow cooker with vegetables, bay leaf, and thyme.
- Cook on low heat for 8 hours or over high heat for 4 hours.
- First, heat the oil, then fry the floured beef until it is browned in a large Dutch oven.
- Transfer the fried meat into a slow cooker and add the oil.
- Put the sautéed garlic for 1 minute until it releases the aroma. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, then sauté the onions with celery for 5 minutes until soft and set aside.
- Add a squeeze of lemon water to the Dutch oven and bring to a boil, scraping the base of the pan so that there are no lumps.
- Dissolve the flour with a little water and put it in the dutch oven with the beef, beef broth, vegetables, bay leaf, and thyme.
- Bring to the boil, cover tightly, and cook for 2 hours until the meat is tender.
Beef Stew cooking tips
- Scrape the base of the pan so that there are no lumps and no burnt.
- Stir occasionally to cook evenly.
- Choose good quality fresh beef.