Instant Pot Louisiana Gumbo Soup Recipe
This thick soup that is a South Louisiana dish is an Instant Pot Louisiana Gumbo Soup Recipe. The mix of seafood, sausages, and chicken makes gumbo popular with many. The creation takes only a few minutes.
The seafood I use is shrimp, shrimp contains high iodine so it can help thyroid hormone production which can prevent mumps disease and infertility.
I can’t wait to share this recipe, this is the best gumbo recipe I’ve ever made. I found it from my Uncle he owns a restaurant and shared his secret recipe with me, it’s an amazing thing.
After making several gumbo recipes before, experienced various obstacles and failures. Everything has been missed with this gumbo recipe. Cook it as a dinner dish that I present to the family.
A lot of praise came, and I was so happy that everyone enjoyed it happily. I added this dish to the weekly menu. And serve it with Sugar-Free Jello Keto dessert fresh, sweet, and low in sugar.
Instant Pot Louisiana Gumbo Soup Variations
- Shrimp, chicken, sausages are the main ingredients in this dish. Combining them makes the perfect dish.
- Okra pieces are a traditional ingredient in the making of gumbo which is added with peppers and tomatoes.
- The salty taste of andouille sausage can be balanced with the taste of tomatoes. Add 28 ounces of tinned tomatoes or use fresh tomatoes if they have them. It will produce delicious gumbo.
- Adding rice to the pan is a wonderful thing, all the seasonings will seep into it.
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 4
- Calories: 296
- Fat: 6.3 g
- Saturated fat: 1 g
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Sodium: 1118.8 mg
- Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 22.9 g
- Cholesterol: 83.1 mg
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 sprig celery, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- (14 ounces) 1 tin tomato, drained and chopped
- 10 pieces okra, cut into pieces
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ cup long-grain white rice
- 6 ounces shrimp, peeled
- 4 ounces skinless chicken breast fillet
- 2 ounces andouille sausage
- salt to taste
- spicy sauce
- In the first step, heat the pan over medium heat.
- Put the flour, cook until browned, and stir using a spoon.
- After that transfer the flour to a bowl and chill.
- Prepare a hot frying pan filled with oil, put the onions, peppers, celery, and garlic, sauté until fragrant.
- Add the flour that has been roasted, then put the broth gradually stir and simmer.
- Then add the tomatoes, okra pieces, pepper, thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper, and bay leaves.
- Cover the pan for 15 minutes.
- Next step, add the prawns, chicken pieces, and slices of andouille sausage.
- Once everything is cooked, turn off the stove, discard the bay leaves, and season with a pinch of salt.
- Pour into a bowl and serve with the hot sauce.
- Cook gumbo with broth, if you cook it only with water alone this will make gumbo bland and less flavorful.
- Adding okra to it will increase the viscosity of the soup. However, add it at the right time. If you put it too early, okra will not serve as a thickener.
- Make sure all the ingredients you use are fresh ingredients, this will add an authentic flavor.
- Do not leave the process of stirring flour, if you do not do well it will make the flour burnt.
- Make sure you cut vegetables of the same thickness, this will help the gumbo ripen evenly.