Keto Lemon Meringue Pie – Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe
Keto Lemon Meringue Pie – Lemon Meringue Pie Recipe cake is a dessert that combines classic meringue with fragrant and delicious lemon cream. Meringue, obtained by preparation based on egg whites and powdered sugar, makes lemon meringue cake into a very sweet dessert .
The sweetness and crunch of the meringue are offset by lemon cream which can combine amazing flavors and give the mouth a unique sensation.
Keto lemon meringue pie is a popular American cake also in the UK. In Italy, this cake is appreciated as a lemon whore, and in France, it is commonly called Tarte Meringuee au citron.
Lemon meringue cake requires a slow and slightly complicated process, as it consists of various stages. But the results you get will make you satisfied.
In this recipe, we propose the preparation of lemon meringue cake with Santa Lucia butter.
- 330 g flour '00 1 teaspoon for baking board
- 165 g soft butter at room temperature
- 1 whole egg medium size
- 2 egg yolks small size
- 130 g granulated sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 lemon grated zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanillin
- pinch of salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 lemons to get the juice and skin
- 100 g of sugar even 130 grams if you want sweeter
- 35 g cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- 50 g butter
- 90 g egg whites or 3 egg whites
- 36 g of water
- 135 g sugar + 1 tbsp
- pinch of salt
- First, make the dough, follow the ingredients you find here, and the step-by-step recipes you find in the shortcrust pastry article.
- Once cool, roll the dough into 5 mm, spread the tart mold with oil, and sprinkle the flour. Then coat it with a pedestal.
- Then discard the excess edge dough, prick the bottom with the tip of the fork.
- Finally, put it in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, turn on the oven at 180°. Squeeze the parchment paper to make it soft.
- Then put the bread paper in the shell and fill it with rice or beans.
- Continue cooking the white shell in a hot oven in the middle of the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Finally, let the shell cool perfectly.
- Make lemon cream for meringue tarts.
- Follow the recipes you find in this article.
- Place in the fridge until cool.
- In the mixer bowl put the egg whites, a pinch of salt, and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Separately in the pan, add water and sugar. Place over low heat and melt the sugar without making the mixture into the caramel.
- This step is very important. Sugar should be liquid and clear syrup, after the appearance of bubbles is ready:
- Immediately pour the boiling syrup into a bowl of frothy egg whites and run an electric whisk at maximum speed.
- Finally, whisk for about 5 minutes until you get a soft, shiny, and inflated meringue.
- Once all the ingredients cool, you can proceed to make a lemon meringue cake.
- Then fill the shell with lemon curd, flattening the surface well. Put the meringue in a cake bag.
- Finally, decorate the cake with meringue on the surface starting from the outside of the tart.
- Once the meringue is filled, you can use a gas torch to burn the surface of the lemon meringue cake.
- Use a gas torch so as not to burn all meringue, but rather to create a "stain" effect.
Equipment Keto Lemon Meringue Pie
- Tart Mold 20 cm
You can put it in the fridge straight away.
- Fresh and delicious Lemon Meringue Pie Slices
- Save lemon meringue pie
- In the fridge for 3 days.
Are you interested in this recipe? Let’s try to make it.