A simple lemon meringue pie recipe without sugar, a soft and sweet texture makes your mouth addicted to eating it. Bite after bite produces a perfect taste. Just 30 minutes to make it.
This dish is usually served at dinner with the family or other events. The crispy pie crust combined with the soft filling will make the dish complete.
This is a Lemon meringue pie that uses low carb ingredients. Using lakanto sweetener lemon monk fruit drops will make a healthy and low carb dessert.
How to make crispy pie skin?
I made it by using the basic ingredients of coconut flour nutritional value contained in it, namely:
- 120 calories.
- 18 grams of carbohydrates.
- 10 grams of fiber.
- 6 grams of protein.
- 4 grams of fat.
- 6 grams of sugar.
- 20% daily value of iron.
In addition to being low in carbohydrates, coconut flour is also low in fat, it will be safe if consumed by dieters. This flour is also very rich in benefits, one of which is:
Potentially kills viruses and bacteria
Lauric acid contained in coconut flour can help fight certain infections such as those caused by the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus and Candida Albicans fungus. Once ingested, the acid forms monolaurin compounds. Tube research shows that lauric acid and monolaurin can kill harmful viruses, fungi, and bacteria. However, more research is needed on humans.
What tools are needed to make this recipe:
- Medium mixing bowl
- Pie protector
- Mixer stand
- Electric stirrer
What ingredients are needed to make a lemon meringue pie recipe without sugar?
I use simple ingredients that can be found easily, here’s a list of ingredients you need to prepare:
- 1 skin of baked coconut flour pie
- Coconut milk
- Lemon juice
- Lemon monk
- Glucomannan powder
- Vanilla extract
- Tartar cream
- Low carb sugar substitute
How does it work?
I started by roasting the pie skin for 10 minutes at a temperature of 400°F.
Make the pie contents:
Put coconut milk, lemon juice, lemon monk, 3 egg yolks, and glucomannan into a bowl mixer and mix them.
Adding low-carb granular sweeteners little by little at high speed until standard textured.
Place the stuffing on top of the pie skin and make some tops with the back of a spoon.
Put them in the oven and bake again at 350°F for 10 minutes. Chill on a rack before serving.
Why should the pie be cooled first before cutting and how many calories are contained in each slice of lemon meringue pie?
The reason the pie must be cooled or silenced first after being removed from the oven because if the new pie is removed from the oven directly cut it will cause the texture to crumble because the pie is still hot the texture is not yet solid.
The number of calories contained in each slice is 165 kcal, this indicates that the recipe I have is very keto-friendly and safe if consumed by dieters.
You can try some other dessert recipes, such as Anginetti Italian Lemon Drop Cookies, The strong and soft textured aroma of butter and lemon has a slight vanilla flavor and not too sweet this is anginetti Italian lemon drop cake. perfect food that is suitable to be served at all events.
Tips on making pie skin
- When making pie dough, the expected result is a flat, grainy dough, not a smooth dough such as bread dough or noodles. So when mixing the pie dough, just stir to taste until just the origin is flat.
- To get pie dough of the same thickness, you can grind the dough with a wooden grind or with a bottle on a flat base until the thickness is right, not too thick or too thin. The dough that is too thick will make the pie skin not crunchy and difficult to cook.
- While the dough is too thin will make the pie skin too brittle and easily burnt. After grinding cut the dough as wide as a mold and flatten it in the mold with your fingers. To make it easier to print the dough, you can use a special round ring-shaped mold to print the pie skin.