Do you often have cough and chest pains? This is where we should know myth or reality? MRSA pneumonia is one of the causes of pneumonia.
With this article, I will explain the disease that may be 15% cause of death in children under the age of 5 years. Both types are the same – both caused by bacteria or viral infections.
What is that MRSA?
Mrsa Turns out to be one type of disease caused by bacterial infections that no longer work with the administration of antibiotics types of amoxicillin and penicillin.
Or an infection caused by staphylococcus aureus bacteria that can no longer be overcome with various types of commonly used antibiotics. This type is not harmful and usually lives on the skin as well as the nose. However, if the growth is uncontrolled, it can cause various infections in the human body.
Staphylococcus infection can generally be treated with antibiotics. However, due to irrational use for decades, a type of Staphylococcus, such as MRSA, appeared, which can no longer be overcome with a variety of commonly used antibiotics.
There are 2 types of MRSA infection, namely:
HA-MRSA ( hospital-acquired MRSA )
- Namely, MRSA infection transmitted in a hospital environment or nosocomial infection can occur through direct contact.
- HA-MRSA can cause serious infections, such as infections of the bloodstream and lungs.
CA-MRSA (Community-acquired MRSA)
- It is an MRSA infection that occurs on the skin and is transmitted through direct contact with people around who have been infected with MRSA first.
- This infection is generally caused by poor hygiene.
MRSA risk factors :
- Poor environmental cleanliness
- Men who have sex with men
- Living with high population density conditions
- Be treated, visit, or work in a hospital
- Direct contact with the wound or skin of a person infected with MRSA.
Causes of MRSA :
In HA-MRSA, infection is easier if:
- Have weak immunity, such as people with HIV / AIDS or cancer.
- Using hospital devices, such as blood washing machines.
- Hospitalized for more than 3 months.
In CA-MRSA, infection is easier if:
- Work in a hospital or clinic.
- Have unsafe sex behavior.
- Living in dense, rundown neighborhoods.
- Active in activities that require direct contact.
- Share personal items, such as towels or razors.
Common symptoms that often occur in MRSA such as:
Symptoms of HA-MRSA include:
- Muscle pain
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
Symptoms in CA-MRSA include:
The doctor will diagnose the MRSA infection at the beginning of a full medical interview. After that, it will conduct a thorough physical examination. To help ensure some supporting examinations, such as taking samples from phlegm, wounds, blood, or urine sufferers, then examined in the laboratory.
If MRSA infection occurs in the internal organs, such as bones, it is generally necessary to conduct other supporting examinations, such as biopsies.
MRSA infection can cause a variety of serious complications in the bloodstream, joints, lungs, bones, as well as heart.
In HA-MRSA, complications can be sepsis. If not treated appropriately immediately, it can lead to complications in the form of death.
And not only that I have about Foods And Drinks Rich In Potassium is a nutrient that enters the group of minerals, so it is not produced naturally by the body, but rather obtained through the consumption of several types of foods.
What is pneumonia?
Pneumonia is an infection that causes inflammation of the lungs, can cause mild symptoms up to weight. Also known as wet lung- lung, this condition causes inflammation of the alveoli in one or both lungs.
Alveoli is an important part of the respiratory system that serves to convert oxygen and molecules, carbon dioxide into the bloodstream. This small balloon-shaped airbag is at the very end of a breathing tree, arranged in groups throughout the lungs.
The causes and risk factors of pneumonia are distinguished into 2 namely:
Examples of organisms that cause pneumonia are transmitted in public places, among others:
- Bacteria most often is Streptococcus pneumonia
- Organism resembling bacteria, Mycoplasma pneumonia
- Fungi, usually fungi will attack people with immune system disorders.
Although it can happen to anyone, some people are more susceptible to pneumonia, such as:
- Children 2 years old and under 2 years old
- Adults over the age of 65
- Hospitalized for a long time
- Treated in the ICU room and using a ventilator
- Have a chronic pulmonary disease or heart disease.
- People who have low body immunity such as people with HIV or people who take drugs suppress the immune system and are on a series of chemotherapy treatments.
Symptoms of pneumonia:
Mild indications and symptoms of pneumonia generally resemble flu symptoms, such as fever, cough, and there are severe symptoms that can appear, such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Easily tired
- Coughing with a cough
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fever and chills
- Chest pain during breathing or coughing
- Disorders of consciousness, especially in people aged >65 years.
People who are >65 years old and have immune system disorders, generally have hypothermia.
Why is pneumonia more susceptible to children?
Because the baby’s organs are still in development, his immunity is also not perfect and not yet strong like an adult, so he is more at risk. Not only prone to viral infections and pneumonia bacteria, but babies are also prone to infection with other diseases
Also, babies are more at risk of pneumonia because the baby’s respiratory tract is shorter than that of adults. When the baby has inflammation of the nose, the spread of the infection can spread more quickly to the pulmonary tissue.
Also with his airway. Adults have wider airways, while babies have narrower airways, so if there is a slight swelling it will immediately become clogged.
Therefore, parents should be more concerned with the prevention of pneumonia. This is done by providing exclusive breast milk for a full six months, providing complete immunizations, avoiding infants from pollution, cigarette smoke, and ensuring their nutrients are met.
By doing some prevention it is expected that the death of the baby due to pneumonia can be lowered.
Find out also about Why do I get Phlegm After Eating: And What Causes Phlegm.
Mrsa pneumonia has the same characteristics namely:
Sufferers will complain of coughs, fevers, and tightness. Usually pulmonary infections with a history of treatment or sufferers who live together in one community such as nursing homes, daycare centers, and others.
It’s just the same characteristics, although there are similarities these two diseases have their way of treatment.
How about the treatment and prevention of MRSA pneumonia?
Treatment and prevention for cases of MRSA pneumonia were slightly different from overcoming the infection that occurred and providing supportive therapy. The doctor will give antibiotics that must be consumed until exhausted if the infection is caused by bacteria.
MRSA treatment depends on the type of infection as well as the severity of the condition:
Treatment can be through the administration of antibiotics through injections. The dosage and duration of administration depend on the development of the condition of the sufferer, as well as the results of laboratory examinations.
Treatment is generally sufficient with oral antibiotics. However, if the infection worsens and expands, the doctor will generally remove pus from the infected skin by making an incision in the infected skin. Before this action is carried out, the sufferer will be given a local anesthetic.
Some efforts to prevent the spread of MRSA infection, among others:
- Proper disinfection of medical equipment to be used in hospitals.
- People with HA-MRSA infection should be treated in isolation at the hospital.
- Visitors and medics maintain hand hygiene and wear special clothing.
- Keep your clothes clean.
- Wash your hands properly.
- Do not share personal belongings.
- Dry all clothes in hot temperatures.
- Cover the wound with a special cover so as not to be contaminated.
- Wash clothes with hot water and laundry soap, if it has wounds on the skin.
While the supportive therapy provided can be:
- Fever-lowering medication if the sufferer suffers from high fever and makes the activity disturbed.
- Cough medicine to reduce the frequency of coughing and liquefy phlegm that can not get out.
Pneumonia can be prevented through several efforts, namely:
- No smoking
- Have good self-hygiene
- Maintaining good body immunity with the consumption of healthy foods and diligent exercise.