Periodontal disease treatment
These information are not meant to be a replacement for professional medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor.
The oral professional will appearance for indicators of swelling in your periodontals. After that, the doctor will also ask about your medical history and risk factors that you might have.
If your doctor finds any indications of gingivitis, you will be explained a periodontist, a oral professional that concentrates on handling the cells about your teeth, including the periodontals.
After confirming that you have periodontal disease, your doctor will determine the type of treatment that suits your problem.
Here are some options to treat this disease:
- Antibacterial mouthwash, that includes chlorhexidine or hexetidine.
- Scaling and polishing of teeth, particularly therapies to remove plaque and tartar deposits.
- Origin planing is the process of cleaning the place under the periodontals thoroughly.
- Periodontal medical therapy is a therapy to treat advanced periodontal disease.
- If the periodontal disease has advanced to ANUG, the doctor will provide more comprehensive treatment, such as prescribing prescription anti-biotics, pain relievers, and mouthwash with various ingredients.
Treatment of periodontal disease in your house
- The essential point that needs to be done so that treatment shows maximum outcomes is to maintain great oral and dental health and wellness.
- This means you must use the practice of cleaning your teeth regularly, at the minimum 2 times a day. Clean your teeth before you dropping off to sleep and in the morning.
- Use tooth paste with an appropriate fluoride level. Fluoride is a normally occurring mineral that helps protect teeth from deterioration, including tooth oral caries.
- In improvement to cleaning your teeth, make sure you also clean between your teeth with dental floss or dental floss. Do flossing before cleaning your teeth.
- Another point that is no lower is to inspect with the oral professional regularly, which is once every 1 or 2 years.
Search Keyword: seacoast periodontics and dental implants, orthodontist portsmouth nh, dentist in portsmouth nh, dentist and periodontist near me, portsmouth dental, seacoast dental, best cosmetic dentist portsmouth, peridontist, coastal periodontics, dental makeover portsmouth, dentist best reviews portsmouth, atlantic periodontics, oral surgeon portsmouth nh