The sweet and slightly savory soft texture makes it comfortable to mouth, this is stovetop Mexican Meatloaf with Ketchup family favorite food. The manufacturing process is very easy only 45 minutes.
Make it my son’s name, step by step. Making the crowd in the kitchen is like even chaos because the kitchen is very messy. My son is 7 years old and he was very passionate about helping me serve it to the family for dinner together.
Fresh ground turkey mixed with some secret ingredients makes it an amazing dish. The sauce and the sprinkling of grated cheese on top became the reason for dad to thrust the plate back.
The addition of jalapenos produces meatloaf rich in flavor, corn grains, and chopped onions making the meatloaf soft and slightly crunchy.
Jalapeno is a chili pepper that comes from Mexico, it is very easy to get it. In addition to having a spicy taste, this chili also has some vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, Vitamin B6, and manganese. This is my reason for adding it to the recipe.
The benefits are also amazing, one of which can fight excessive free radicals. Therefore, consuming jalapeno is believed to reduce the risk of suffering from various chronic diseases, such as diabetes and cancer.
The manufacturing process does not take long, can be made with simple materials, materials you need:
Ingredients for Mexican meatloaf
- Ground turkey
- Cheddar cheese
- Chili powder
- Smoked paprika
- Red peppers
Ingredients for Ketchup
- Brown sugar
- Dry mustard
- English soy sauce
You can make Stove Top Mexican Meatloaf with Ketchup together:
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: 8
- Calories: 237 kcal
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 833 mg
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 32 g
- Cholesterol: 94 mg
- 1 kg ground turkey
- 1 can of corn
- 1 tin tomatoes, diced
- 1 can jalapenos, diced
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp red peppers, mashed
- 3 cups ketchup
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tbsp English soy sauce
- The first step, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- On the other hand, prepare a small bowl, then put all the sauce ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Then in a bowl mix the ground turkey, shelled corn, diced tomatoes, jalapenos, eggs, onions, and herbs. stir using your hands until well mixed.
- Prepare a rectangular baking sheet, grease with a little oil.
- Adjust the dough to a baking sheet shape, then put it in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees.
- Remove the baking sheet, pour a little sauce over it, bake again until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F and the tomato sauce thickens perfectly.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and sprinkle the cheese on top.
Meatloaf processing tips:
- Ground turkey can be replaced with lean beef or ground chicken.
- Rest the meatloaf about 12 minutes before serving.
- Apply the sauce when it reaches a temperature of 150 degrees F, this can produce an appetizing meatloaf.
- Onions and peppers will provide perfect humility.
- You can add grated cheese over the meatloaf or add to it.